The Adult Activity Center of the Treasure Coast was founded in 2010 by Sharon Abrams, RN, BSN, PhD. We are licensed by the State of Florida (license #9264) and all of our staff are trained caregivers for seniors and certified in Alzheimer’s training.
We happily fill the need for seniors to socialize, be entertained with music and activities, and enjoy healthy meals and snacks. While your senior is in our care during the day, caregivers may go to work, have a much needed break, or tend to personal business.
We can assure you that your senior will have a wonderful time in our safe and caring environment. When a senior has the opportunity to be socially active – it helps them retain cognitive and social skills and contributes to a high self esteem. Aging in place rather than placing seniors in assisted living facilities or nursing homes is also our main focus.
All of our Senior guests are served well balanced healthy meals that are catered and planned by a registered dietitian. We can accommodate special dietary needs too and all special diets are individually planned.
Activities are tailored according to levels of function. We are not a lock down facility.
Our Adult Day Care Staff
We are owned and operated by Sharon Abrams, a registered nurse. Our staff includes program manager assistants, activity directors and loving caregivers. Our goal is to provide social and recreational programs to meet all levels of need and interest.
Placing seniors in our day care not only keeps them at home longer, but also gives caregivers a much deserved break. A safe and stimulating environment works for all involved in the aging process.
Our program offers:
- Games and activities to improve cognitive skills
- Music Therapy (especially helpful for those with Alzheimer’s)
- Live Music provided by local groups and individuals
- Physical exercise and Dancing
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Instruction on Nutrition and the Aging Process
- Free support groups and counseling for caregivers
- Individualized care plans
- Medication monitoring
- Personalized activities
- Transportation Services
- Providers for Long Term Diversion programs
- Weekends available upon request
- Referral services for in-home caregivers